Thursday 12 May 2016

Entered

Well it's official, I just sent in my entries for the first recognized show of my season.

Claresholm Bronze Show, I'm looking at you, June 11-12th, 2016!

I've been thinking about it, and even though it's been 7 years since I started to change my focus to dressage, this will be my first recognized dressage show ever!

When I started dressage with Ellie, we lived in an area with some really good quality schooling shows so I just did those (I also didn't fully comprehend the differences between recognized and unrecognized shows at the time). Then, with work, founder, moving, and changing horses, I was sidelined from showing for three years. I tried to do one Bronze show towards the end of last summer but Kachina came up lame right before it and I had to scratch.

Anyways, I am entered now so the pressure is on! I have four and a half weeks until the show, so a fair bit of time, but also a lot to work on!

Sorry, no new media, so posting this photo again because I like it

The real challenge is that I've mostly been showing Walk/Trot this year so far, but this show doesn't offer Walk/Trot so I am making a forced move up to Training level. I think it's good actually, gives me a little more motivation to really work on that canter because I know we can get it better.

I'm entered in Training 1, Training 2, Training 3 as an AA (Adult Amateur). I'm also going to try out the Dressage Equitation class!

Have any of you done Dressage Equitation before? This is the first show I've ever seen it at, and my understanding is that it is a fairly new program started by Equine Canada. It seems like you do both a rail class with other competitors, and get your score from that added to your score from a Training Level test that you do separately. I'm not clear on all the details though so if you have any more information please feel free to share!

2 comments: